Saint James the Greater Roman Catholic Church Mission Statement
Our mission is to open “the door of faith” to our parishioners to make possible the life of communion with God and the transformation of the heart. The fruit of this transformation will be to unite in charity our diverse congregation and surrounding community; “breaking down the dividing wall” (Ephesians 2:14). As members of the one body of Christ, we accept our responsibilities as good stewards of His great gifts.
YouTube Channel: “St. James Catholic – Concord”
Click here to view previous masses that have been recorded at St. James.
Please take a few minutes to read the letter below from Fr. Jerome to our parishioners:
Here are the latest changes for events going on in the St. James community in response to the Covid-19 directives from the government and the Diocese of Charlotte:
- The church will be locked with no admittance as of 3/27/2020. With the new stay-at-home order for Cabarrus County, we will not have the staff on campus to keep the church cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis.
- Reconciliation will still be held Saturdays from 2-4pm in the parking lot.
- We will be videotaping the weekend Mass in English and in Spanish and links will be sent out to our parishioners via Flocknote, the church Facebook page, and here on the website so they can watch the weekend Mass from home. Fr. Jerome has composed an act of Spiritual Communion so that those who cannot physically receive the Eucharist can unite themselves to God through prayer:
- An Act of Spiritual Communion:
My Jesus, I believe that you are truly present in the Most Blessed Sacrament. I love you above all things, and I long for you in my soul. Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come now spiritually into my soul. As I await the next opportunity to attend Holy Mass and receive you sacramentally in Holy Communion, I wish for your indwelling in my soul.
- An Act of Spiritual Communion:
For those with internet connection you can watch daily Mass and Stations of the Cross at the links below:
Daily Mass: https://www.wordonfire.org/daily-mass/
Stations of the Cross: https://stations.wordonfire.org/stations-of-the-cross
The parish office will be closed, staff will be working from home and can be contacted through email and their phone extension when calling into the office. Any questions, please feel free to contact myself, Dan Ward or Fr. Jerome. Thank you for your understanding and patience. When we have more information we will share it through Flocknote, here at the website. and on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/saintjamesthegreaterconcord
PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THOSE AFFECTED BY THIS ILLNESS!!
If you wish to make an online offertory contribution, please CLICK HERE
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, 9:00 AM to 6:45 PM
Rosary before Mass 6:15 PM
7:00 PM Mass & Novena to Our Mother of Perpetual Help
7:00 PM - Spanish
5:00 PM English
7:30 PM - Spanish
9:30 AM - Children's Mass
1:00 PM - Spanish Mass
5:00 PM - Teen Mass
Holy Days of Obligation:
7:00 PM - Vigil (Evening before Holy Day)
8:30 PM - Spanish
Mass at 11:00 AM
Luncheon follows at 12:00 PM (September through May)
Friday: 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Knights of Columbus - Council # 7450
Knights of Columbus 7450
Upcoming Events & Meetings
Have You Signed Up for Flocknote?
Our Parish's Platform to Receive News via Text or Email
Sign-up today! It is so easy. Just text 84576 and type in: TheWay (one word).
Or follow this link: I'm joining Flocknote today!
- Rev. Jerome Chavarria, C.Ss.R., Pastor
- Rev. Fabio de Jesus Marin Morales, C.Ss.R., Director of Hispanic Ministries
- Rev. Charlie Donovan, C.Ss.R., Parochial Vicar
- Rev. Glenn Parker, C.Ss.R., Parochial Vicar
- Dan Ward, Business Manager
- Bonnie White, Administrative Assistant
- Denise Ramirez, Secretary
- Kayla D'Allura, Pastoral Associate for Religious Education
- Kitty McIndoe, Children's Faith Formation Coordinator
- Beth Giddings, Co-Coordinator, Middle School Faith Formation
- Chris Conrad, Co-Coordinator, Middle School Faith Formation
- Deyfilia Gallo, Hispanic Faith Formation
- Michael Quinn, Youth Coordinator/Confirmation
- Suzanne Carney, New Beginnings Pre-School
- Dr. Dylan Savage, Choir Director