Saint James the Greater Roman Catholic Church Mission Statement
Our mission is to open “the door of faith” to our parishioners to make possible the life of communion with God and the transformation of the heart. The fruit of this transformation will be to unite in charity our diverse congregation and surrounding community; “breaking down the dividing wall” (Ephesians 2:14). As members of the one body of Christ, we accept our responsibilities as good stewards of His great gifts.
Mass Schedule for the weekend of August 15th and 16th
Saturday 8/15/2020 - 2 pm to 3:30 pm
Outdoor Mass Times:
Sunday 8/16/2020 - 10 am in English
Sunday 8/16/2020 – 7 pm Spanish
Sunday 8/16/2020 - 11 am in the parking lot of Guadalupe Hall
Live Stream Masses (YouTube):
Weekend Mass for 8/15 and 8/16 at 4 pm on 8/15/2020 – English
Weekend Mass for 8/15 and 8/16 at 5:30 pm on 8/15/2020 – Spanish
Monday OLPH Novena Mass at 7 pm – English 8/17/2020
Thursday Evening Mass at 7 pm – Spanish 8/20/2020
YouTube Channel: “St. James Catholic – Concord”
Please take a few minutes to read the letter below from Fr. Jerome to our parishioners:
Here are the latest changes for events going on in the St. James community in response to the Covid-19 directives from the government and the Diocese of Charlotte:
- The church will be locked with no admittance as of 3/27/2020. With the new stay-at-home order for Cabarrus County, we will not have the staff on campus to keep the church cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis.
- Reconciliation will still be held Saturdays from 2-4pm in the parking lot.
- We will be videotaping the weekend Mass in English and in Spanish and links will be sent out to our parishioners via Flocknote, the church Facebook page, and here on the website so they can watch the weekend Mass from home. Fr. Jerome has composed an act of Spiritual Communion so that those who cannot physically receive the Eucharist can unite themselves to God through prayer:
- An Act of Spiritual Communion:
My Jesus, I believe that you are truly present in the Most Blessed Sacrament. I love you above all things, and I long for you in my soul. Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come now spiritually into my soul. As I await the next opportunity to attend Holy Mass and receive you sacramentally in Holy Communion, I wish for your indwelling in my soul.
- An Act of Spiritual Communion:
For those with internet connection you can watch daily Mass and Stations of the Cross at the links below:
Daily Mass: https://www.wordonfire.org/daily-mass/
Stations of the Cross: https://stations.wordonfire.org/stations-of-the-cross
The parish office will be closed, staff will be working from home and can be contacted through email and their phone extension when calling into the office. Any questions, please feel free to contact myself, Dan Ward or Fr. Jerome. Thank you for your understanding and patience. When we have more information we will share it through Flocknote, here at the website. and on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/saintjamesthegreaterconcord
PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THOSE AFFECTED BY THIS ILLNESS!!
If you wish to make an online offertory contribution, please CLICK HERE
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, 9:00 AM to 6:45 PM
Rosary before Mass 6:15 PM
7:00 PM Mass & Novena to Our Mother of Perpetual Help
7:00 PM - Spanish
5:00 PM English
7:30 PM - Spanish
9:30 AM - Children's Mass
1:00 PM - Spanish Mass
5:00 PM - Teen Mass
Holy Days of Obligation:
7:00 PM - Vigil (Evening before Holy Day)
8:30 PM - Spanish
Mass at 11:00 AM
Luncheon follows at 12:00 PM (September through May)
Friday: 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Upcoming Events & Meetings
The St. James Angel Brigade team wanted to let you know that Cabarrus and Rowan Counties have combined their Relay for Life events this year due to Covid-19 restrictions. While we are not able to have our normal yearly event, we are grateful that we have been given permission to display luminaries and acknowledge those that have had a cancer diagnosis. The event will be a drive through displaying the luminaries in honor of and in memory of cancer survivors. It will take place on Saturday, August 22, from 4:00 - 8:00pm at the Kannapolis downtown area along Laureate Way, starting near the Gem Theater and continuing past the Kannapolis City Hall. Even if you did not purchase a luminary, you are welcome to help us celebrate survivors and honor those that we have lost to cancer. Survivors, please decorate your cars so you can be celebrated as you drive by! If you would like to purchase a luminary, contact Lynne Parette at [email protected]. As always, thank you for your support over the years of the Angel Brigade team and the American Cancer Society!
Have You Signed Up for Flocknote?
Our Parish's Platform to Receive News via Text or Email
Sign-up today! It is so easy. Just text 84576 and type in: TheWay (one word).
Or follow this link: I'm joining Flocknote today!
Switzerland by Train with John & Sue Green
Experience rich culture against a backdrop of soaring Alpine peaks. Whether it’s the mountainous landscapes or lakeside vineyards, impressive views are around every corner in Switzerland. You’ll soak in the scenery aboard trains that will take you from the city to the countryside and back again. See the iconic Matterhorn from Zermatt, pass snow-capped peaks while riding the famed Bernina Express, and cap off your tour in Zurich where you’ll wind your way through the city’s charming streets.
May 19 – May 30, 2021 Lugano Extension May 30- June 1
Visit http://grouptoursite.com/tours/greensbt for itinerary and pricing options.
For more information contact John Green [email protected]
SECURE YOUR SPOT! This trip is open to all and filling up… sign up now you can cancel anytime before August 31st for full refund including trip insurance and deposit!
- Rev. Jerome Chavarria, C.Ss.R., Pastor
- Rev. Fabio de Jesus Marin Morales, C.Ss.R., Director of Hispanic Ministries
- Rev. Charlie Donovan, C.Ss.R., Parochial Vicar
- Rev. Glenn Parker, C.Ss.R., Parochial Vicar
- Dan Ward, Business Manager
- Bonnie White, Administrative Assistant
- Denise Ramirez, Secretary
- Kayla D'Allura, Pastoral Associate for Religious Education
- Kitty McIndoe, Children's Faith Formation Coordinator
- Beth Giddings, Co-Coordinator, Middle School Faith Formation
- Chris Conrad, Co-Coordinator, Middle School Faith Formation
- Deyfilia Gallo, Hispanic Faith Formation
- Michael Quinn, Youth Coordinator/Confirmation
- Suzanne Carney, New Beginnings Pre-School
- Dr. Dylan Savage, Choir Director