Saint James the Greater Roman Catholic Church Mission Statement
Our mission is to open “the door of faith” to our parishioners to make possible the life of communion with God and the transformation of the heart. The fruit of this transformation will be to unite in charity our diverse congregation and surrounding community; “breaking down the dividing wall” (Ephesians 2:14). As members of the one body of Christ, we accept our responsibilities as good stewards of His great gifts.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, 9:00 AM to 6:45 PM
Rosary before Mass 6:15 PM
7:00 PM Mass & Novena to Our Mother of Perpetual Help
7:00 PM - Spanish
5:00 PM English
7:00 PM - Spanish
9:30 AM - Children's Mass
12:30 PM - Spanish Mass
5:00 PM - Teen Mass (September - May)
Holy Days of Obligation:
7:00 PM - Vigil (Evening before Holy Day)
8:30 PM - Spanish
Mass at 11:00 AM
Luncheon follows at 12:00 PM (September through May)
Adoration in the Church from 9:00 AM - 6:45 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Upcoming Events & Meetings
Make a special gift in honor or memory of someone special…
Relay for Life of Cabarrus County will take place Saturday, April 6, 4-10pm at Kannapolis Middle School, 1445 Oakwood Avenue. All are welcome to come see what Relay is all about! There will be food, games, basket raffles, and silent auction items.
Relay represents the HOPE that those lost to cancer will never be forgotten, those who face cancer will be supported, and those who fight cancer will one day succeed in eliminating the disease forever.
You are invited to honor or remember someone who has fought or is still fighting cancer with a luminaria. During the Lighting of the Luminaria Ceremony, candles will be lit around the track in memory and in honor of loved ones and friends who have had cancer. The Luminaria Ceremony begins at 9:00 pm. You do not need to be an actual participant in the Relay to take part in this tribute. With your donation of $10 for each luminaria or 3 for $25, the name of the individual you have designated will appear on it.
Thank you for your continued support of the St. James Angel Brigade team!
To download the Luminary Form CLICK HERE
Have You Signed Up for Flocknote?
Our Parish's Platform to Receive News via Text or Email
Sign-up today! It is so easy. Just text 84576 and type in: TheWay (one word).
Or follow this link: I'm joining Flocknote today!
- Rev. Jerome Chavarria, C.Ss.R., Pastor
- Rev. Fabio de Jesus Marin Morales, C.Ss.R., Director of Hispanic Ministries
- Rev. Charlie Donovan, C.Ss.R., Parochial Vicar
- Dan Ward, Business Manager
- Bonnie White, Administrative Assistant
- Denise Ramirez, Secretary
- Kayla D'Allura, Pastoral Associate for Religious Education
- Kitty McIndoe, Children's Faith Formation Coordinator
- Beth Giddings, Co-Coordinator, Middle School Faith Formation
- Chris Conrad, Co-Coordinator, Middle School Faith Formation
- Deyfilia Gallo, Hispanic Faith Formation
- Michael Quinn, Youth Coordinator/Confirmation
- Suzanne Carney, New Beginnings Pre-School
- Dr. Dylan Savage, Choir Director