Saint James the Greater Catholic Church Mission
Saint James the Greater Roman Catholic Church Mission Statement
Our mission is to open “the door of faith” to our parishioners to make possible the life of communion with God and the transformation of the heart. The fruit of this transformation will be to unite in charity our diverse congregation and surrounding community; “breaking down the dividing wall” (Ephesians 2:14). As members of the one body of Christ, we accept our responsibilities as good stewards of His great gifts.
Night Shelter Info
St. James the Greater Catholic Church - Dec 2016
It is once again time for St. James to staff the Salvation Army Center Of Hope. Please consider giving a few hours of your time to the Center December 18 - December 31, 2016. Please sign up to Sign-in Guests and/or to Provide a Meal. Please contact Dave Gandron at (980) 621-8019 with any questions.
New Beginnings Fall Registration
New Beginnings Preschool of Saint James is now accepting registrations for the 2016-2017 school year!!
We offer: Programs for ages 1-5, with class options:
- Transitional Kindergarten– for children that do not meet the Aug 31st cut-off for public school, or need a little more time!
- Well-balanced curriculum, featuring TouchMath and Houghton-Mifflin Pre-K and Kindergarten Literacy Program
- Differentiated instruction that meets the needs of each child
- Portfolio Assessments and Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Enrichments classes in Art, Spanish, and Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- Highly-qualified staff
Our Registration Form can be found here, click on the New Beginnings link. You can also stop by the preschool during our regular hours (9-1pm) or the Church Office. For more information or to schedule a tour, contact Suzanne Carney (Preschool Director) 704-262-3498.
Civil War Sisters: Sisters of Mercy
NC Mision of Mercy Clinic
Volunteers Needed: Dental, Medical, & Non-Dental.
This is a free Adult Dental Clinic on Friday, March 6th and Saturday, March 7th (Set-up volunteers needed from 10:00am-5:00pm on March 5th), This event will be held at The Abernathy Physical Education Center, Catawba College, 2254 Yost St, Salisbury, NC.
To sign up or for more information go to: http://www.ncmom-salisbury.com
Remember to keep Fr. Vang in your prayers. He is on his mission trip to Vietnam. You can follow him on his Facebook page—Viet Toc.
Rosary before Mass 6:15 PM
Benediction 6:45 PM
7:00 PM Mass & Novena to Our Mother of Perpetual Help
7:00PM - Spanish
10:00 AM - Children's Mass
1:30 PM - Spanish Mass
5:00 PM - Teen Mass
Holy Days of Obligation:
7:00PM - Vigil (Evening before Holy Day)
8:00PM - Spanish
Mass at 11:00 AM
Luncheon follows at 12:00PM (during winter months)
Adoration in the Church from 9:00AM - 7:00PM
Friday: 8:30AM - 1:00PM
- Father Jerome Chavarria, C.Ss.R., Pastor
- Reverend Fabio de Jusus Maron Morales, C.Ss.R., Director of Hispanic Ministries
- Reverend Charlie Donovan, C.Ss.R., Parochial Vicar
- Reverend Kenneth Drummer, Deacon
- Dan Ward, Office Manager
- Bonnie White, Administrative Assistant
- Erika Flores, Admin. Office Asst.
- Kelli Olszewski, Pastoral Associate
- Michael Quinn, Youth Coordinator
- Angie Harness, Faith Formation Pre-K to Grade 5
- Elise Speed, Middle School Faith Formation
- Deyfilia Gallo, Hispanic Faith Formation
- Suzanne Carney, New Beginnings Pre-School
- Dr. Dylan Savage, Choir Director
- Terry Maher, RCIA Coordinator
The Knights of Columbus Council 7450 can not adequately express our gratitude to all of the parishioner who have so
generously donated toward our 2016 Joe Kuntz Thanksgiving food drive.
Because of you,118 families will have a much better Thanksgiving day and dinner,
May God bless you for your thoughtfulness.