Knights of Columbus - Charity Activities
Local Charities Supported through Knights of Columbus # 7450
- Provide and award medals to Cabarrus County Special Olympic athletes each year.
- Annually award thousands of dollars to Special Needs teachers. (over $14,000 in 2019)
- Annually organize a food drive to provide Thanksgiving meals to those in need.
- Fund and sponsor 2nd Harvest Food Truck to provide food in the community.
- Funds donated to Wheelchairs for Veterans.
- Fund and build home access ramps for local elderly/disabled residents.
- Donations for blankets to be made for kids at Jeff Gordon Children’s Hospital
- Contribute to local Boy Scout and Eagle Scout projects.
- Organize and support quarterly “Night Shelter” weeks.
- Donations for year-long Mission.
- Donations for sacramental needs of St. James Parish.
- Sell Mother’s Day Roses to help mothers in need through Mira Via annually (local pregnancy support program).
- Sponsor 4 community blood drives per year.
- Assist Cabarrus County Children’s Home (various needs and donation).
- Support local community program to provide bicycles to children.
- Partner with local organization for needs of disabled people of all ages.
- Participate and support local efforts in the Feed Our Starving Children program.
- Assist Habitat for Humanity of Cabarrus County in home building and home access ramp building.